Asiana Airlines - They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Asiana Airlines

"They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors."

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY
Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Asiana Airlines part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest benefit that comes with working for Asiana Airlines is dealing with a wide variety of people. You meet a lot of people as you work at JFK Terminal 4. From TSA Security Agents, and other airline personnel, you get to meet a lot of people.

The airline teaches you to deal with a lot of different passengers and other people. Working as a Passenger service agent really taught me a lot on improving on people skills. This job was rewarding because I got to meet a lot of wonderful people.

Cons

The cons are that you are working with a bunch of Korean people who are used to the Korean work force mentality. The Korean company work force mentality is "work and no complain"... in other words, you do what you're told and you don't say a word about it. The company has no way to file a grievance and violates overtime policies. When I was relieved, I had absolutely no way on filing a grievance. I was simply handed a letter, with no way to voice my opinions.

The management at the JFK office are almost all corrupted and unfriendly. The company may teach our agents to "give top quality service" but in reality, that the management at JFK does not abide by the company guidelines for providing top quality service. To make themselves and their work environment more comfortable, they give up on providing quality service to our passengers.

Although I found working at the airline to be a pleasure (because of some coworkers), I felt that I was in prison for most of the time I was here.

Advice to Management

You really need to look at who ACTUALLY does their work and who REALLY tries to satisfy the passengers. Just because someone had a conflict with another employee because they wanted to provide a passenger with high quality service is not ground for them to be relieved of their duties.

The reason why SO MANY employees resign is BECAUSE the management at JFK treats us like garbage. The JFK office are complete hypocrites to the company morals and policies.

Other Employee Reviews for Asiana Airlines

1. "n"

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time

Pros

benefits for employees. other than that, no pros

Cons

hierarchical environment. low salary. no structure in whatsoever

2. "Aircraft line maintenance"

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance in Incheon (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance in Incheon (South Korea)

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company stable income and good benefits free flight ticket but only standby

Cons

Very busy and require working hard need to be strong to work for 12hours conservative

Advice to Management

Please promote employees as many as you can and raise the salary