Ask.com - An Awesome Place to Work At! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ask.com

"An Awesome Place to Work At!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Ask.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great team -- I'm fortunate enough to be in a very helpful team. All my team members are ever ready to pitch in their expertise when I need it!
2. Work-life balance -- You aren't expected to work extra hours. It's 'whatever gets the job done' here!
3. 10% project policy -- Work for 4 hours on any project that you like, Monday-Friday.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

So far so good!

Other Employee Reviews for Ask.com

"Great People & Fantastic Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Ask.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All colleagues, not just some, are friendly and knowledgable. Really, the people at Ask.com are amazing! The HR department is the best I've ever seen. They really try to make work fun. The pay is okay and the benefits are okay too.

Cons

The tech-stack is old. The office is dated. The projects could be more challenging. The product is a bit boring and the executives change the direction of the product very often. Really innovative forces are often driven away from the company. It's a shame because there is so much potential.

Advice to Management

Slim down. There is an overabundance of vice presidents. Provide career opportunities for the engineers, promote them more often.

"Worst Manager i worked with.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Ask.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Near to Bart, Good Benefits, Loads of technology to Learn from the Innovative teams.

Cons

What if the company is great and you are working under a worst manager, yes .. it is disgusting..
    I worked with one of the worst managers in my life who looks after himself first and not the team, he tries to blame his peers if anything wrong happens, he takes credit always if any good happens, no moral and ethical values, not even concerned about his employees at all, he takes it personal if you try to argue with him and he writes bad reviews about his peers and he never let his peers give a review as he knows for sure that he's gonna get very bad reviews, he behaves very childish and had immatured behaviour, they act very good with senior management but not with their peers.

Advice to Management

Need to Fire these guys from the company immediately without further notice as he's creating very unhealthy environment in the company. HR and Senior Manager should take some action. but i don't think nothing is gonna happen.