Aspen Dental - You get in what you put out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental

"You get in what you put out"

Current Employee - Office Manager
Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every member of management is very easily accessible. I have the cell phone numbers of all those in my same position within my region as well as my supervisors. I was able to be promoted very fast through being willing to work hard and give 110% to my future.

Cons

There are times when you aren't able to see the immediate benefit of your work. Sometimes when you're in the office until 10pm, you don't understand the difference you're making in somebody's life.

Advice to Management

Be more communicative

Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Dental

"for first 8 years rewarding, but now company has gone down hill"

Former Employee - Dental Lab Technician in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Dental Lab Technician in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can not think of any since new management and company policies have been implemented. New business model has resulted in nation wide layoffs.

Cons

The company grew too fast and is no longer looking out for it's employees, customers or their best interests. They are too focused on opening new offices and increasing revenue and profits.

Advice to Management

Be more involved in day to day operations of departments and offices. Stop letting your loyal, dedicated employees be treated poorly. Realize when long term employees are let go or quit all their experience and knowledge they shared with other employees does also.

"Regional Manager"

Pros

Great pay and a solid bonus plan. Also a good benefits package for the managers. Great industry to work in for learning a lot about dentistry.

Cons

This is truly the worst job I've ever had. The tactics are all about profits over people and the turnover rate shows it. They have a mission statement called "serving the purpose". Once you find out that serving the purpose means working with brand new fresh out of school dentists along with an entirely new staff, you'll regret ever working here.

Advice to Management

Provide a better support staff and give more hours. You get what you pay for but it's hard to keep them once they realize how demanding the job is.