Aspen Dental - Over worked, unappreciated and underpaid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aspen Dental

"Over worked, unappreciated and underpaid"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't even trust them to do my "free dental" I was offered in my "Benefits". Too many pt's needing re-do fillings constantly. Countless remakes on all dentures.

Cons

Being stuck with a jerk DA who bullies you and the OM does nothing about it, "well let me speak with her", yeah, nothing ever happened. Nothing but a bunch of childish jerks who made a grown adult cry on her lunch breaks. Overtime being cut left and right bringing you in under 40 hrs a week, however because of all the cut OT, I had to do twice the work when I was there. The NP, Overflow schedule is beyond atrocious. NP always full plus a NP Forced into OverFlow AM and PM. As well as constant double booked Overflow chair. The PSR is always cranky, because she too, relied on this job, always walking on eggshells because you don't know who's in a bad mood that day…. Then top it off with the Dr. over ruling the LabTechs schedule, causing them to get mad at you and turn you in! And what does the dr. say "I'm MCD what I say goes". OK well tell your LabTech to lose the attitude with me. I'm doing what you told me to do! We had 4 OM in the matter of 2-3 years, countless PSR's, and too many DA's to count… Also, we were told "YAY WE ARE GETTING OUR BONUS" Payday rolls around. Then we have a 'huddle', and we missed it by .8%. WOW. I feel bad for the Patients. I stayed faithful till my last day. When it was time to clock out I waved goodbye nd left on good terms. But I'll never go back again.

Advice to Management

Chill out wit the micromanagement. Listen to us. You lost a great employee who understands metrics and Production. I 'get' the percentages we needed. I would have stayed if you listened to my heart wrenching cries as to why your letting other employees get away with bloody murder! I was committed to you and your company. I floated to other offices (4 in total) and each one was more messed up than the last. When you tell a pt a price and they're crying to you, you just say to contact pt sat? NO, make that pt. happy right then and there!

Other Employee Reviews for Aspen Dental

"Scheduling Center"

Pros

The hours are steady and decent, the pay is also decent for someone without a degree

Cons

Life in the scheduling center is difficult. It is a call center through and through. There are constant goals that need to be met and even one bad month will get you reprimanded by management. The management acts as if they are there for you, but in reality it's all business to be fair there are 150 people currently there they need to be concerned about. The bonuses are not solely decided on your performance, the upper management can pick and choose who makes bonus. There is a lot of favoritism. The job is monotonous and thankless. patients can be ruthless.

Advice to Management

if you keep hiring that many employees, open more management positions to help support your staff.

"Aweful!!!! I was there 3 months...training was good but then got put into a joke of an office!!! Stay away!!!!"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative
    Former Employee - Patient Service Representative

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekends off and day shift

Cons

Aspen runs its office with only one thing in mind....more money....they rape people when they r vulnerable and make them do things that aren't needed.....