Aspire Public Schools - Great experience, but I'm tired! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aspire Public Schools

"Great experience, but I'm tired!"

Current Employee - Hard Work and Long Hours But You Do IT for the Students!
Current Employee - Hard Work and Long Hours But You Do IT for the Students!

Pros

The students, the results, and the intrinsic rewards. Some flexibility in some jobs about dress codes, time off, etc. Teachers get less flexibility.

Cons

Compensation, long days, not as much autonomy as expected. Everything (feedback, PD days, the few compensation dollars) are given to teachers; Corporate staff left out of most of those things.

Other Employee Reviews for Aspire Public Schools

1. "Overall a challenging and positive organization thriving for student achievement as their priority."

Pros

The classroom and teaching environment for collaborative and differentiated instruction across the curriculum is a model for success for all educators.

Cons

There is a lot of stress that goes along with a high performing system,but it is worth it.

Advice to Management

n/a

"No Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

Great benefits and incredible opportunities to learn. Lots of passionate educators.

Cons

I feel they draw on your idealism to squeeze out more work than is fair to ask of one person. I want to help underprivileged students, but not at the expense of my own family. There is so much emphasis on evaluating teachers and bombarding teachers with constant strategies to boost student achievement, that I forgot what made me love teaching in the first place.

Aspire seems to be anti-textbook, which means even more work for teachers.

Advice to Management

Understand that teaching should be a sustainable professional for people interested in making a career out of it, not just a two year stint for young TFA-ers who burn out and go to law school.