Aspire Public Schools - Mission Driven Organization! | Glassdoor

"Mission Driven Organization!"

I have been working at Aspire Public Schools full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working for Aspire because all of the teammates are focused on the mission and vision. We are preparing students to earn a college degree. As a child of a parent who went to college and one who did not, I have seen first hand how college is a game changer!

I have been fortunate to work for Aspire for the past twelve years and been given the opportunity to wear several hats.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about! This is a great place to have a career as an educator.

Other Employee Reviews for Aspire Public Schools

1. "Dedicated to Staff and Students"

Pros

Aspire is among the most collaborative educational environments one could hope to work. They support and provide professional development and have high expectations for teacher and student performance.

Cons

The human resources and information technology departments have, at least in my case, proved themselves in need of improved communications, more detail oriented work habits and less mistake-prone staffing.

Advice to Management

Teachers and students are obviously the meat and potatoes of a charter school organization but I don't think the service provided by administrative departments should suffer as a result.

"Great experience, but I'm tired!"

Current Employee - Hard Work and Long Hours But You Do IT for the Students!
    Current Employee - Hard Work and Long Hours But You Do IT for the Students!

Pros

The students, the results, and the intrinsic rewards. Some flexibility in some jobs about dress codes, time off, etc. Teachers get less flexibility.

Cons

Compensation, long days, not as much autonomy as expected. Everything (feedback, PD days, the few compensation dollars) are given to teachers; Corporate staff left out of most of those things.