Asset Marketing Services - Bad Experience | Glassdoor

"Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Burnsville, MN
Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Burnsville, MN

Pros

They provide periodical on the job training. Still have company picnic. Offer discounts and fun activities to employees.

Cons

Lack of communication within the department I was in...not sure if it was that way everywhere within the company. .

Advice to Management

Seems to have grown too fast and the management and employees that have been in their positions for a long time are no longer qualified to handle the changes that should occur to run a larger business.

Other Employee Reviews for Asset Marketing Services

1. "working at Asset Marketing"

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Dedicated smart professionals who want to improve themselves and the company in general, Fun products to sell and market

Cons

Can be intense, always more work than hours in the day

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone feels valued, not just the outbound sales reps

2. "Absolutely Tremendous Potential!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a mid-career professional, I wanted to combine my experience and love of the coin collecting hobby with an opportunity to earn a great living. I was surprised that literally right out of training, and beginning to make sales, that the commissions were paid immediately! They pay for performance, as you perform. With a solid industry-competitive salary and immediate commissions and bonuses, it's a no-brainer for someone that has personal faith in their own abilities as a sales professional. I recommended a friend to this opportunity and am looking forward to seeing his growth.

Cons

I have often raised an eyebrow with local management, not understanding quota-setting and how so many failed to achieve goals, but yet the goals keep getting raised. As I hit goals and others of my team did not, their goals kept getting raised right along with mine. I'm a firm believer in individual goal setting, not "across the board" goals. I believe this can be improved to motivate each individual to achieve their personal bests and improve personally.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees input. Don't "blow them off" and ignore their perspectives and make them feel belittled for their ideas and willingness to be helpful. Hands-on daily management is needed, particularly as people are just beginning their career with the company to ensure they have maximum training, follow-up, support and resources to make them successful immediately. Work on individual goal-setting, not "across the board" goals. A person can't clear a 5 foot high jump bar if they've never been capable of clearing 4 feet. Help them clear 4 feet first, then move up to the 5 foot mark.