Assisted - Began with a very low salary, no increase after a year of work. You get a 32hours of pay check every 6 months bonus. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Assisted

"Began with a very low salary, no increase after a year of work. You get a 32hours of pay check every 6 months bonus."

Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA
Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA

Pros

Easy to get time off if you request it a few weeks in advance.
If you're a new grad... you can at least get some work experience with this company.

Cons

No room for advancement. No salary increase. Hours not guaranteed... if your patient is away or in the hospital... and they can't find an assignment for you... you don't get paid. The salary paid a new grad LVN while in training is $ 10.00 per hour!

Advice to Management

If there will be no advancement... at least pay people better to give them a reason to stay with the company. Why have you company just be a stepping stone?

Assisted Response

Dec 30, 2013 – Recruiter

We appreciate all that our LVN's and Caregivers do for us and our patients. We would love nothing more than reward our staff with higher pay but with recent Medi-Cal program cuts we just aren't able... More

Other Employee Reviews for Assisted

1. "Residence Director"

Current Employee - Residence Director
    Current Employee - Residence Director

I have been working at Assisted full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Director, I enjoy seeing the staff working harmoniously together for the good of the residents. Work-life is best for the house when regional is out of the building.

Cons

Regional and corporate staffing to top heavy. Constant turn over in uppermanagement, it seems like every season they have a new system in place, until it fails. The company does not respect its employees, nor do they reward them. It seems to always be about what we didn't do to fill their expectations, and nothing about all the good we've accomplished. ALC has chosen to have each member of the trifecta team have this POWER to rule everything. I see this as a disaster waiting to happen, because the sales and nursing overstep their boundaries, due to the lack of understanding of the the entire picture, and try to lord over the direction of the house, which in turns causes strife between them and the Director.

Advice to Management

Reward your Directors, and show them respect for their hardwork and dedication. Have the sales and nursing be required to answer to the Director, not the Director answering to them.

Assisted Response

Dec 30, 2013 – Recruiter

This person posted their comments under the wrong company. We are Assisted Healthcare Services not ALC Assisted Living Concepts.

2. "Per Diem/Part-time LVN position"

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Assisted part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling: Ability to choose your own schedule.
    Paid weekly as long as Nurse Notes are turned in on time.
    Friendly office staff, staffers & RN supervisors.

Cons

No paid vacation.
    Set salary/hourly wage regardless of experience
    No vacation pay