"Great career growth potential."

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I have been working at Associated Materials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AMI has a very complex business model and many people cannot handle the pace of change in the company. To succeed you must have thick skin and be very agile in your ability to handle multiple responsibilities. For those that can rise to the occasion, amazing potential for career growth and learning lie within. Compensation structure for salaried employees are above average. Benefits are average. The new CEO and senior operations leadership have been excellent in providing a consistent drive and direction for the company over the past 3 years. They are beginning to truly change the culture of the company - no small feat.

Cons

Work / Life balance is poor given the agenda and pace the company is moving at. The company is transitioning from a poor / low performance culture over the last 2-3 years so the turnover rate is higher than average as they find leaders with the correct attributes - especially at the plant level.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company, dedicated people"

5.0
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Associated Materials full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career Growth opportunity, they believe in internal promotions. Pay is in line with the industry. Good industry brand and reputation.

Cons

Leadership keeps changing, and they lose their history and make the same mistakes. They have become a finance driven company and less of a customer experience focus company.

Continue reading
  2. "Empty Promises"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Associated Materials for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers at the branch level. The position allows you to grow your management skills when it comes to delegating jobs to the contractors. Knowing that you are able to make their businesses thrive, and even getting thanked for it makes the job very rewarding.

Cons

I started at AMI as a temp-to-hire and was told that at 90 days if I was good enough I would get hired on full time. 241 days later I separated from the company. I kept getting told that my position had to get approved through corporate first, and that it shouldn't take too long. That was a lie. I did the math one day, and with the combination of not getting that 90 day pay raise, plus the four unpaid holidays and one personal day, I missed out on making $1,753, and the total went up $12 every day I clocked in and out of work. The only reason why I didn't give it one star is because of the group of coworkers that I got the honor to work with, and the sense of pride I got from filling the board, providing the customers with the best experience possible, and the positive impact I got to have on the contractors. When one of them found out that I was leaving he genuinely thanked me for all the help and support I gave him to help his business thrive. It's nice to know that at the end of the day, it all meant something.

Discover more reviews about Associated Materials.