Assurant - Positive but challenging | Glassdoor

"Positive but challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Pros

Work is challenging and plentiful in most cases.
Employee recognition (ex. customer service week)

Cons

Extreme abuse of time and no one is held accountable.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring bad habits from employees who you know are abusing opportunities.
Managers should secure training on how to be consistent and establishing guidelines. Stop turning a blind eye just because your scores are good. Allow employees to share their thoughts without fear of being terminated. There seems to be a culture of ignoring bad behavior and it is discouraging to employees who are trying to do things the right way.

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

"NOT THE PLACE TO WORK IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH SELF WORTH"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Pros

The employees are great, if it weren't for them, I think I would have been gone a long time ago.

Cons

This does not include supervisors or managers. Supervisors do not back the members of their team; they will create stories such as having feedback from other members of the team about a certain member that could be negative, but the team never gave such feedback. This "coaching" is used constantly and by different supervisors. They will tell you that you are doing a great job, however, they are keeping tabs of everything that can find that will have you terminated all the while stating they will back you. Everyone is scared to go or say anything to a supervisor because, this puts you on their watch list and as much as they say they will not retaliate against an employee, people are being walked out nearly every other day. I have lost all confidence in my self because of this treatment and I fear for my job and that I am useless to go somewhere else.

I cannot talk for all of Assurant companies, this is only for the Albany, Or, callcenter.

Advice to Management

The employees are terrified of losing their jobs if they talk against their supervisor. Have a 3rd party come in without having any management involved so that the employees can be honest. The employees cannot trust their supervisors or the managers

"It really could be a good place, but..."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Multiple job opportunities within the company and chances to move throughout the United States and other parts of the world.

Cons

Leadership team lacks focus. Takes the shotgun approach to leadership and reacts rather than plans. The good 'ole boy network seems to dominate the culture.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen more to subordinates. Establish a fair employee mentoring program. This company has the potential for being really a good place to work, but leadership seems to be very self-absorbed.