Assurant - Great work environment and benfits | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Featured Review

"Great work environment and benfits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for almost 13 years and LOVE it here. I've always been treated with the upmost respect and have promoted up to different postions in the company. The place is more like a second home than a job to me. My coworkers are alwasy nice and friendly. The managment staff really goes out of their way to make sure we have a good work enviorment. Right now they are working on improving our break room so that we have a nice place to go and relax during our breaks. They bring food in for us to enjoy and have even recently brought a food truck our site. There is always something fun and exciting going on.

Our benefits are really good with medical, dental and vision all starting from the day you start working, along with the ability to start earning paid time off.

Cons

Some calls can be stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

1. "Too corporate"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Assurant as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The only exciting things are the employee events, the location, the parking garage, and the access to dozens of restaurants to help escape the madness.

Cons

They lack communication. They are very irresponsible with confidential information. They discredit employee morale caused by leadership mistakes as “human error.” Management sits in the office all day, on the cell phone, with the feet on the desk. Responsibilities included more projects for the side business than the business itself. They are too corporate. Senior leadership lives in an ivory tower. Wasted business time. Large/constant turnover. Too many revolving doors to get to IT, HR, etc.

Advice to Management

Begin my treating your employees like human beings. Communicate with them. Talk to them. The leadership should lead by example. Just because you’re an executive, it doesn’t excuse you. Work! Relax on the corporate policies. You’re not making it a fun place to work with the current leadership. Treat your employees well, so they can help build your business. It may look good on the outside, but it’s a mess inside.

2. "Lousy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Only concerned with the bottom line. IT Dept. is run by clowns.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing Sr. Managers to protect those they like.