Assurant - The grass is not greener here, I ASSURE you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

"The grass is not greener here, I ASSURE you."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and compensation seem good on the surface.

Cons

Lack of training
Very heavy workload
Unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Give new hires a chance to learn before you put a ton of work on them. In less than 2 weeks, I was put on projects and told to work reports with very little direction. There was no training class and absolutely no structure. Even when I stated I needed more time to learn, I was told that I was fine. The person I job shadowed with did not explain the job well at all. Every morning, I had no idea what I was supposed to do that day. I left that place after 2 weeks. For the first week, everyone kept saying, "you came back". Now I know why. Run away!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

"Very Stressful!"

Former Employee - Customer Associate II in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Associate II in Duluth, GA

Pros

Money and benefits are good if you can put up with the atmosphere. Most employees friendly.

Cons

Some employees in call center would not have been employed by other companies for Customer Service; couldn't speak well nor write well. Under educated. Sometimes explosive atmosphere: 2 women employees shoving a maintenance worker to the floor for servicing rest room and hanging a closed sign. But, THEY needed to use that rest room when others were available. Belittling of employees in front of a group, false promises, very reactive, not proactive. Every thing seemed to be a 'fire'. No accountability by management or staff. HR very, very supportive of management and to heck with the employee. Managers always away in a meeting, left group to flounder except for a 'lead' rep who sometimes was slow to respond or not at all. Lack of continuation training and development--management didn't have time for it's employees! Dress code was in constant violation--some women looked at though they were dressed for the evening, complete with huge wigs, false eyelashes, revealing outfits, 6" spike heels; was an every day outfit for a lot of women. Business casual was the target. I saw flip flops, raggedy jeans and blouses. Only the men seemed to dress appropriately.

Advice to Management

Find a business unit that works, tear this one apart and start over. Hire people suited for the position. I had a 2 minute interview before being hired. HR didn't do final interview, 1st level managers did which I found strange.

"Could not recommend this as a decent place for growth."

Current Employee - Appropriate Review for This Employer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Appropriate Review for This Employer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Decent benefits with short and long term disability
    Competitive compensation in line with industry standards
    Telecommuting opportunities
    Opportunities for promotion in a wide variety of fields

Cons

Very little recognition for those that are not in management
    Management is often times secretive
    Deceptive management practices
    Reviews are either a nightmare or a joke depending on which department you are in.
    The politics around here would give Kissinger a migraine

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they have legitimate complaints.
    Stop rewarding an employee's ability to use loopholes to make themselves look better.
    I am glad that we are "useable resources" but please treat employees like people.
    Last but not least... bring in someone external to do a review of your HR department. Trust me you will be doing yourself a favor if you do.