Assurant - Listen to your employees who have been taking Assurant into the future for many years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

"Listen to your employees who have been taking Assurant into the future for many years."

Current Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Woodbury, MN
Current Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Woodbury, MN

Pros

Assurant has excellent benefits, locations, sound financial company - I have been with the company for many years. The one thing for certain is change and change is good - but the management has to give the employees tools they need to be successful in doing the job.

Cons

There has been a lack of training when new applcations / companies are taken on. While I see the benefit to the changes, our customers do not benefit when the employees are not properly prepared for the changes.

Advice to Management

Prepare employees for changes. Provide tools we need to be successful. Listen to your employees. They are trying to do a good job and they are the ones on the front line who are most ble to tell you how we can provide excellence. We are all partners - ensuring our company has a bright future.

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

1. "A great place for local Actuarial Students"

Current Employee - Actuarial in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Actuarial in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Assurant Health teaches their interns what the everyday life is like. We are thrown in from the start to work side by side with full time workers. They hire interns for summer only and local students all year round. There are great opportunities to get hired if you pass your actuarial exams. I didn't realize how important it is to pass the exams before graduation until I worked here. They also connect you with other people taking the same exam and encourage you to get help. They also give interns raises for each exam that you have passed while working for them.

Cons

If you are graduating at the same time as a lot of other interns, the competition can be intense. The first year I was working with Assurant I got invited to their employee appreciation event but the next year the person in charge decided to be sure that interns were not allowed to attend even though they advertise for it all around the building. It didn't seem fair that the full time interns were not allowed to participate in a good will activity. If you don't know how to use SQL, you need to make a serious effort to learn, it is not required for the internship but looked for in hiring post graduation.

Advice to Management

2. "A company that will allow you to grow if you want to grow"

Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Solutions Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

If you apply yourself you will have endless opportunities to advance within Assurant Health. They are very generous about helping you pay for school. You start out with paid insurance and two weeks paid vacation. All in all I have always felt happy about Assurant Health as a company.

Cons

Really there isn't anything. If you put in the work you will succeed. Departmental management could learn how to offer newer challenges to their employee's that ask for it.

Advice to Management

Learn to better utilize the individuals who are an assets within your departments a little better. If a person is seeking a new challenges, don't stop the motivation, provide them an opportunity.