Assurant - Assurant - great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

"Assurant - great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Assurant offers a small company environment where it is easy to meet people from other departments and interact with several different levels of associates which you can use to nuture your growth oppotunities within the company. Assurant is able to offer this small company environment all the while offering large company benefits. Employee development has become a big focus lately within the company, so many supervisors, managers, and directors are available for coaching and mentoring opportunities. If you get in and truly work hard, the company rewards you.

Cons

Assurant has offices all over the world, so there are many different working styles and working environments throughout the company. As we begin to work closer with other offices these different working styles can clash.

Advice to Management

Overall, great job. I would like to see less corporate red tape and true, open feedback come through.

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

1. "Assurant Solutions Overview"

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Architect in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you are a top performer it's pretty hard to get fired.

Cons

Low compensation, corporate red-tape, tons of corporate 'chaffe' co-workers.

Advice to Management

Compensate your top 10% performers better and get the bottom 10% to leave through attrition.

2. "Listen to your employees who have been taking Assurant into the future for many years."

Current Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Woodbury, MN

Pros

Assurant has excellent benefits, locations, sound financial company - I have been with the company for many years. The one thing for certain is change and change is good - but the management has to give the employees tools they need to be successful in doing the job.

Cons

There has been a lack of training when new applcations / companies are taken on. While I see the benefit to the changes, our customers do not benefit when the employees are not properly prepared for the changes.

Advice to Management

Prepare employees for changes. Provide tools we need to be successful. Listen to your employees. They are trying to do a good job and they are the ones on the front line who are most ble to tell you how we can provide excellence. We are all partners - ensuring our company has a bright future.