Assurant - It's a job not a career for most. | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"It's a job not a career for most."

I have been working at Assurant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady income if you are a full time employee.

Cons

Lack of proper training
No qualified leadership. Managers either have great people skills and no technical knowledge, poor people skills and a wealth of knowledge or they lack both. Associates tend to have very little faith in their management teams. Problems are often overlooked and ignored.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring/promoting people because they are friends or it's convenient. Teach your managers leadership skills

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Market Manager"

Former Employee - Market Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Assurant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at a Fortune 500 company you get the perks that come with it like matching 401K up to 6%, good health care plans, PTO, stock options and flexibility.

Cons

They recently sold our division off to another company since they didn't know what to do with us.

2. "Customer Care Specialist"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Assurant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the team leads are friendly and supportive. If you are a top performer there are opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Nepotism, micromanagement, tedious boring work, poor pay, unrealistic performance expectations; if you don’t catch on within the first week you’re canned. The demands of the job and expectations of flawless metrics and adherence to a strict schedule are comparable to the military but for a pittance of a couple thousand a month after taxes. Management doesn’t help to resolve issues until a situation is serious. My first paycheck never came. That was a month ago. I still don’t have it. This company professes to be a supportive family culture but in practice demonstrates little to no respect for its entry level employees.

The atmosphere is too quiet, serious, and patrolled by control freak tenured employees. The ergo chairs don’t adjust and Herman Miller’s economy design is hard, stiff, and confining. I left with compromised lower back condition after a short while. There’s nowhere to get enough privacy on break or lunch either. There are no games or comfortable lounges.

They don’t appear to attract and keep many people. Since lateness or absenteeism are like a felony I don’t think many survive to long term employment.

Unless you really need a job and you’ve got an offer, do yourself a favor and steer clear until you find a better place.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words: Stop saying how much you care about your employees and start demonstrating a little genuine mindful consideration of their needs.

Discover more reviews about Assurant.