Assurant - Best place to work | Glassdoor

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Fortune 500 company and member of S&P Index. It is a leader in Individual Insurance market. Being an employee of this company, the emplyee can banace his/her Life & Work. Company offer very good benefits. Leader in local Community service. Company encourages employees to participate health and fitness programs. Company also encourages employees to participate as volunteers in local festivals. Good vacation benefits. Company has always been front runner in implementing latest IT products. Expanding its operations globally. Listed as one of the top IT departments on Information week top 500. Encourages employees to keep their knowledge upt-to-date in their field as well as other areas.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the company.

Advice to Management

Nothing I can offer at this time.

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

1. "Assurant...I've finally found the employer I've been looking for."

Current Employee - Quality Improvement Specialist in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Improvement Specialist in Kansas City, MO

Pros

They are a great company with an awesome reputation in the business world. We always have great ratings with the stock holders and our revenue has continued to beat everyone's expectations. Not only does this company provide an excellent benefit package but they are always full of unexpected surprises that confirm my acceptance in my job. They really take care of you!

Cons

The only downside is not having the possibility of working remote from home. With the price of gas these days, the appeal of driving into work every day is losing it's momentum. I would love to work from home. Not only to be more "green" but to also reduce traffic on the roads to have that rush hour stress deducted completely from my daily routine. It would make a much happier me and in turn, make our customers much happier.

Advice to Management

Please consider the benefit of working from home. Not only does the company save money by being able to reduce the size needed for workers but it also helps the employees save with the expense of gas and transportation.

2. "An interesting place to work."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Miami, FL

Pros

On-site Day Care & Elementary School for employees children.

Cons

"Over time may not be optional".

Advice to Management

Spend more on employee morale & balancing the workload.