Assurant - Not a pleasant work experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Assurant

"Not a pleasant work experience"

Former Employee - Insurance Examiner in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Insurance Examiner in Miami, FL

Pros

The company offers great benefits.

Cons

the management is not effective at all at providing staff with leadership.

Advice to Management

Think about the staff by listening to their suggestions for improvements. Maybe have an anonymous suggestion box in each department.

Other Employee Reviews for Assurant

"Painful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

employee satisfaction promotions were pretty good like volunteering in the community or having events on site, the people are very polite and friendly even the strangers you see on the elevator, i had the flexibility to manage my time during the day (if i had to leave for an emergency, i could leave) , the salary was decent but i knew what to expect

Cons

this relates only to my direct manager because they are the only one i dealt with on a day to day basis - poor communication, inconsistenct work directives, disparity of treatment, absolutely no proper training in place, no vision for the organization, volatile environment at times

Advice to Management

Senior management should take a further look from the top down as to who is minding the ship.

2. "Wonderful until Obamacare"

Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

A fast paced challenging environment with a lot of latitude to self-manage projects. Respect for professionalism and competency. Strong business partnerships.

Cons

Worries about corporate restructuring feeds the rumor mill. Department cuts do not seem logical and restructuring leaves gaps in subject matter experts.

Advice to Management

It is difficult to concentrate on our work when the future seems uncertain. I know you are retiring Mr. Hamm, and I wish you well. I am one of those that gave way to a stronger Assurant.