Astellas Pharma US - Pharmaceutical Sales | Glassdoor

"Pharmaceutical Sales"

Pros

Great people and products. There are a lot of good ideas generated here. I really have enjoyed my time here.

Cons

Under new management, there have been many good and experienced representatives leaving the company. The trend is toward new, inexperienced people. It is a shame.

Advice to Management

Look at specific areas where many people are leaving. Ask yourself why good reps with good track records are leaving.

Other Employee Reviews for Astellas Pharma US

1. "Great benefits but very questionable treatment that varies from manager to manager and area"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Great salary and seems very solid financially.

Cons

Flex Fridays? Depends on where you are......manager behavior is borderline abusive. No patience what so ever, I know new PCP reps who are treated poorly only after a few months out of training, it's crazy.

Advice to Management

Hire leaders! Foster an environment of true leadership rather than management! Anybody can manage. Calm down and look at your expectations. Get a hold of your managers and talk to their people about their practices. I've never worked for a company where so many people talk about lawsuit and bringing class action against them.

"Some really good, some not so good. More good than bad."

I have been working at Astellas Pharma US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good (ironically, prescription coverage could be better), flexible work schedule with 1/2 day Fridays, jeans casual every day, commitment to giving back to community with companywide volunteer day plus additional paid days off for volunteering, beautiful new building and the pipeline is pretty busy with stuff to do for a long time.

Cons

Too many changes in too short of a time, too much mandatory training piled on top of other training, too much emphasis on participating in initiatives rather than focusing on job responsibilities, difficult to get promoted or to get the necessary experience to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Working for Astellas is a lot like being married for a long time. From my perspective, it's not always bad nor is it always good. The benefits and perks we get from time to time are nice, and they are always appreciated. Overall, it's truly not a bad place to hang your hat on a daily basis. I can see myself staying there a long time. This is despite the frustration I sometimes feel, such as when frequent upper management turnover results in major changes. Sometimes it can be frustrating having to deal with some of the decisions that are made by people higher than me. But other frustrations are typical political issues that can happen anywhere and are not unique to Astellas. Nevertheless, I am grateful to work for a company which offers such a flexible work schedule. That's something that many other employers do not offer. In many respects, it's better than many other companies and nothing going on there is bad enough for me to want to look elsewhere for work. The grass isn't always greener and overall, I don't have a lot to complain about.