AstraZeneca - Gret place to work. Benefits and culture were outstanding | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca

"Gret place to work. Benefits and culture were outstanding"

Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Wilmington, DE
Former Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Wilmington, DE

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance was exceptional as long as you completed your work.

Cons

Professional development was good but the scientific ladder was weak for anyone without a PhD.

Advice to Management

Use your resources to make leaders and not drugs and you will be successful at the latter.

Other Employee Reviews for AstraZeneca

"Very rewarding. AZ gave me an opportunity to develop and grow professionally."

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Open communication is welcome. I had many opportunities to showcase my abilities and skills to senior level management. Work-life balance is a high priority and AZ will accommodate your needs so that you and your family are happy. The company offers career advancement that I believe is more fair and just than other pharmaceutical companies.

Cons

I have seen people dismissed for actions that could have been resolved with improvement plans. They are quick to fire good employees.

"AstraZeneca is a solid company to work for."

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong products and product recognition from our customers. AstraZeneca provides so many tools to help you plan and sell. I appreciate their high standard for ethics and emphasis, "Do the Right Thing".

Cons

Overemphasis on personal development which is a distraction to business planning and selling in the field. There is no uniform way how to sell pharmaceuticals or selling in general. Different managers I worked for had his/her own sales theory which made it confusing for the whole team and customers.

Advice to Management

Field Reps are paid to create and work a business plan in support of marketing's brand strategy. Let us do what we do best, sell in the field. Don't distract our business planning and field time with the individual development plan and confusing scorecard template.