AstraZeneca - Good employee engagement, collaboration and teamwork....despite lots of change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AstraZeneca

"Good employee engagement, collaboration and teamwork....despite lots of change"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work place environment and self aware about the need for improvement in certain areas such as career development and lessening lengthy decision making. This is refreshing to see a company looking to improve and make their work place better.

Cons

Too process oriented, lenghthy decision process and can be hierarchical....but they recognize this and are putting steps in place to address this. The Sr. Leaders credibility has been questionable...but with the new CEO and re orgs in place, they are addressing this too.

Advice to Management

Stop over managing people...give people the accountability to get things done on their own. Reward reasonable risk takers. And, value what people are bringing to the table. Just because you may not know the person, recognize what they are bringing to the discussion - it doesn't mean they can't provide insight and value just becuase you don't know them or they haven't networked with you.

Other Employee Reviews for AstraZeneca

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at AstraZeneca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very intelligent people that you're working with
    - Pretty flexible schedule

Cons

- Management doesn't have a clue sometimes
    - Benefits could be improved
    - Micromanagement can be difficult in some areas of the business

Advice to Management

- Pay more attention to your smart, hard working employees who can truly help the organization be successful.

"Procurement Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at AstraZeneca full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are some of the best people I have worked with in my career. Ability to telework. My manager is great - she is a great mentor, always offers suggestions, helps out when I am swamped with work and can perform my job if necessary - how many managers around can do that or would offer to help out?

Cons

Upper Management constantly changing operating models. Lots of talk about empowerment but when you empower yourself to change something your are smacked on the hand because you didn't consult management beforehand. Overabundance of SOPs - so numerous that it interferes with everything.

Advice to Management

Wake up!