Astrum Solar - Great, young, rapidly expanding Solar company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Astrum Solar

"Great, young, rapidly expanding Solar company"

Current Employee - Solar Systems Designer in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Solar Systems Designer in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at Astrum Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent 40 hour work week with overtime opportunities, as much work as you're willing to do, you can rise through the ranks as fast or slow as you want as long as you work hard and do a good job, great culture of nice, knowledgeable and young staff, respectful office environment and opportunity to conduct field and office work.

Cons

Overtime and expense form have long lag time after work completed to money deposited, some days are long and hot up on the roof, some upper management is hard to get in touch with but for good reason as busy always expanding territory.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and never forget your employees on every level of the company ladder are the back bone.

Other Employee Reviews for Astrum Solar

1. "Astrum Solar is a great company that really strives to put themselves at the top of the industry."

Current Employee - Systems Design Specialist in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Design Specialist in Hopkinton, MA

I have been working at Astrum Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is really friendly and goes out of their way to help you succeed in your role at the company. Everyone also has a great sense of humor, which can be really relieving in a sometimes stressful industry such as this, however, everyone here at Astrum also is very serious about their work. This is definitely a company that demands a lot from their employees, but in return, we all get to work for a highly successful company which has unlimited growth potential.

Cons

There is definitely not much room for slack or failure here, which might be considered by some as a Con. Also, I think the compensation for System Designers could be a little higher considering the potentially dangerous nature of their position. I think there could also be more room for growth in the company for people in the design sector, because as of now there isn't really another level to advance to past System Design Specialist.

Advice to Management

As i mentioned earlier, it would be nice if Designers could have a little more compensation for the work that they are doing up on the roofs. It would also be nice if there were more positions to advance to for those who stay longer in the company.

I also think that Astrum could do a better job of having standards for communication across the web that is salesforce. For instance, it's very frustrating as a designer when I'm looking up my meetings for my survey days, and as I'm checking the notes that the sales people have left about the property owners I often times see that they leave out a phone number for the person. So, that means I have to take extra time to navigate through to the original account page to find their phone number. A lot of time could be saved on our end if the people inputing those leads could always follow the same template and do so with detailed information to help make our jobs as designers just a little easier.

I also have noticed a lot of inefficiencies with salesforce when I'm creating my designs and surveys. First off being the fact that we cannot delete surveys or designs that have been previously created. That makes no sense to me. A lot of time a design is created by accident and cannot be deleted, so it just exists on the property page and confuses everyone else.

2. "High expectations, low delivery."

I have been working at Astrum Solar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the people in my department, but the work itself is a little blase. Interesting field to learn about, especially given my educational background in environmental sciences.

Cons

Would have been nice to have been given a little more responsibility, especially since I was hired with the expectation of doing more over time. Pretty poor communication and constant worry over whether we would get paid the amount we were promised was a little disconcerting.

Advice to Management

Allow us to do more, trust the smart people you have hired to give input and communicate up the chain of command to help fix problems along the line.

Astrum Solar Response

May 14, 2014 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for the valuable input. We strive to provide meaningful career and project growth opportunities to those that are proactive in seeking more out of their current roles. As a part of... More