Asuragen - Great small business | Glassdoor

"Great small business"

Pros

Sr Management respects employees and encourages a work/life balance. The products and services offered by Asuragen are top notch. Employees are incredibly talented and driven. The president is incredibly involved with the operation, and has a good handle on how things are running.

Cons

Some if not most of the departments are short staffed, and to be a truly successful company, Asuragen needs to hire more personnel.

Other Employee Reviews for Asuragen

1. "Scientist"

I have been working at Asuragen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's been a great experience working in Asuragen. The Research team is very productive with excellent learning experience for scientists at all postions. Co-workers are very supportive. Opportunity to build your skills is tremendous. For me, the most enjoyable part is that the scientific work here is very exciting and never gets monotonous.

Cons

Need more leaves per year.

2. "Why I'm Excited Every Morning"

Current Employee - Assistant Scientist I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Scientist I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Asuragen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best way to gauge the quality of a work environment is to compare it to other experiences. I would say that all my previous positions have been given me great experiences. Never have I had conflicts with management or my peers. However, finding an organization that passionately believed in reciprocity between a company and its employees had been extremely difficult. My previous jobs either limited my creativity or failed to provide me opportunities to master skills I would need later in my career. Asuragen has been a blessing in the form of a biotech company. Every day presents new & interesting challenges and problems for me to work through. As I walk up to my car after work, I ultimately feel a sense of purpose and accomplishment that had been absent in my career until now. I'm extremely grateful to be here!

Cons

When I joined the company, I was fully aware that I would be working over the 40hrs/week quota. This is partially a side-effect of loving what I do; however, I occasionally feel overworked when deadlines are present.

Asuragen Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Head of Human Resources

Thank you taking the time to share your experience -- and for the thumbs up! It's evident that you are engaged and energized by the work you do. We are fortunate to have such a talented and ... More