KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nightmare is an understatement

Feb 14, 2013 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

For a recent college graduate, which is what I was, the pay was decent, there were opportunities for raises, sedentary work, guaranteed 40+ hours, liked having the ability to add over-time myself or leave early on VTO (voluntary time off)

Cons

Ha! Where do I begin: 1) Monotonous would best describe the nature of the work. Try reading, until it commits to memory, the same dam scripting on a computer screen an average of 90-120x a day, 5 days a week. The surest way to burn a person completely out and I had nightmares of filing claims for the first 4mos I was employed here! 2)Asurion says that they are a company that has "values" which uphold quality products and they act with integrity. Well I don' think they can even spell integrity. Charging a customer $130 for a 2 year old phone to have it replaced with a refurbished device that someone else has formerly dropped in the water is not quality for one and two we are trained to sound "confident" in the product we are swindling off to the customer. I've never felt more prepared to fly off to Hollywood and try my hand at acting than I do now. We are trained lies, hustlers, cheaters, and the very last thing we do there is actually help the customer. 3)They are full of lies and shenanigans! (oh and when they higher you they have an extraordinary training process and all the big shots from the company come in during the course of 3 wks and feed you generously and tell you their individual journey to the "corporate"side and they say these key words "just give us SIX months and you control your destiny in this company. You can promote off the phone sometimes as early as FOUR!!!" (IT'S A BIG FAT LIE) 4)If you like being verbally abused because you have disguised your like for it by saying "oh I don't take things personal and I have thick skin" then this is the place for you. I do have thick skin and I don't typically take things personal BUT there are always exceptions to those rules. As I said, when you are taking on average 90-120 calls a day, there are 70 of them that you are going to be met with difficulty for 2 reasons 1:The customer didn't know they had a deductible 2:when you tell them how much the deductible is for typically in their case an older phone, your jovial call 2 minutes ago turns to speaking with Satan himself! 5) Quality is pushed really hard in this place but it is a joke BECAUSE: 1) NONE of the supervisors are on the same page 2) as a result of that, each team is trained to say different "effective" things 3) as a result the customer is told a slew of differing information, they are confused, and this ruins the trust the customer has in the company and their confidence in us that we can help them 4) speaking of supervisors, where the hell are they?!!! They are never anywhere to be found. They never want to take calls that after you've been cursed out the customer request to speak to them. They are not trained well enough and often say "hmm? good question, um I'm not quite sure, uh let me reach out to that department and check" 6) Be prepared to get out your finest tube of red lipstick because they ride you in this company like a horse to the glue factory and still yell about better performance better that better perfomance and yet smoozing ass kissers who may not have the best stats will be taking calls next to you one month and then become you ill-informer, incompetent supervisor the next BECAUSE although they sucked as a CSR, their "sucking" abilities were better in other departments.

4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 9, 2022 - Level 2 Technician in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full hours, great pay and benefits, HR is quick to respond.

Cons

None, I had a pretty good time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good job, no upward mobility

Aug 8, 2022 - Senior Content Writer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Lots of good people. Many strong managers in different departments. Good benefits, 401K etc. Unmetered vacation and flexible schedule with hybrid WFH and in-office options. The new office is really nice, fancy and modern with great amenities. Generous severance package if you do get laid off.

Cons

Basically no upward mobility, no career paths or ladder to be on. Very easy to get hired into a role and then get stuck there for years, even with strong performance reviews. I knew dozens of people who left because of feeling "stuck". They do annual mass layoffs, usually in November. Hundreds of people are laid off in this manner every year, it always makes the front page of the local business journal. This was always a scary time, many people joked about having to update their resume in Q4 "just in case". Many customers have bad experiences with the service and blow up the social channels, because of that it can sometimes feel like a company you may not exactly be proud to say you work for.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Asurion.

Asurion Photos

+ Add Photo
Asurion photo of: The Gulch Lobby
Asurion photo of: For the sixth consecutive year, Asurion was named to The Tennessean's Top Workplaces list.
Asurion photo of: Life at Asurion!
Asurion photo of: Our talented employees sewed masks to help to community during the pandemic.
Asurion photo of: Life at Asurion
Asurion photo of: Our employees like to have fun. This year we sponsored the pool for the Music City Polar Plunge benefiting the Special Olympics of Tennessee!
Asurion photo of: We love our amazing employees!