Asurion - Boring | Glassdoor

"Boring"

Former Employee - Receiving Inspection Specialist in Smyrna, TN
Former Employee - Receiving Inspection Specialist in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Schedule, Air Conditioned, Lots of Culture

Cons

Boring, Same ole work everyday, After a while sitting down and inspecting phones gets boring

Advice to Management

Come out of your office

Other Employee Reviews for Asurion

"Dead end job designed around short term employees ."

Current Employee - CCR II in Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - CCR II in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I been with the company for most 5 years currently make 30,000 dollars hourly. Add cmmeeting " metric" goals and I can earn an additional 4800 year. Then add possible overtime of 260 the 300 hours which equals at my wage about an additional $5000. very proficient or tenured agents / employee like myself can possibly earn $40,000 a year.

Free tv.

Cons

stepping into a salary roll means I have to take a pay cut.the incentive for the employees is 4800 dollars a year supervisors is only $2000 and is based on site attrition. The management does not care if you're at the poverty level the management makes 15 to 25 thousand dollar bonus is and start at 45,000 a year which is underpaid for their own role.

after doing the math I found I was working 90 hours a paycheck as a supervisor salary but as an employee i already work 250 to 300 hours of overtime that averages 10 hours or more per paycheck anyway. when I told my manager that didn't want to promote the supervisor and I want to go back to being an agent that bluntly told me that run to my career with the company and they would never promote me for anything ever again.

bs kindergarten elementary base stamp incentive for doing your job that pays out yarn pencils paper and other BS as well as sometimes gift cards.

ASURION hwill lie to their employees and tell by them that the free TV is worth a certain amount per year. Truly it is if you were an end customer paid for it however most of the employees are on the poverty level and would never purchase that level of programing also ssurion pays nothing for it so they shouldn't be telling the employee it count as part of their benefits or earnings package.

Insurance is crappy at best

Advice to Management

there should be progressive pay increases on top of the merit increase for long term employees. Starting wage for supervisors who come from the floor with five years of experience should be paid a comparable pay increase to what they started with instead of starting all over at the base starting wage.

I did realize there is some b.s. to the every one starts at a base wage when I just found out the site director leaked the pay rates of all of the sups. One sup just started at 40k.

"Used to be a good company"

Current Employee - Tech Coach in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Tech Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great medical benefits for employees

Cons

Very poor family, work balance

Advice to Management

Metrics are not everything. I know great technicians as coworkers but they are held back from career opportunities because they do not meet certain metrics. I know we as a company are contractually bound to certain carriers to meet metrics requirements but if someone isn't meeting those metrics don't disqualify them from career opportunities as you have been doing. I know people who have repeatedly been held back from promotions based upon lack of metrics (ie call resolution time is too high). Rather than assume that the person is a bad technician, consider that the technician may be highly skilled technically and actually would be better suited for another position that would better utilize these skills. By not recognizing these skills and holding people back from promotions you are fostering an environment of discontent among the employees (which I have witnessed firsthand) and stifling growth of what could be a great company.