Atherotech - Atherotech - Dynamic Workplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Atherotech

"Atherotech - Dynamic Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Atherotech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Atherotech provides employment opportunities in a company which makes a real difference in people's lives through the provision of medical laboratory testing - strong emphasis on cardiovascular testing and patient support. The opportunities for learning never end, and the company has a strong record of promotion from within, overall. Still small enough to be appropriately reactive to industry needs and changes. The corporate culture still manages to be welcoming and pretty inclusive; there is still a somewhat familial sense of all of us being in this together. Good benefits, and an HR Department which is always looking for ways to keep improving the workplace as a whole.

Cons

We have grown very rapidly - which can be exciting, but sometimes the growth has the *feel* of tumultuous, almost out of control expansion. I suspect things are much more under control than they seem, though! There have been occasional lags as support staff catches up with sales, but that is pretty much a thing of the past. Occasionally, effective communications have suffered slightly as our numbers have grown - one segment of the company may not have as strong an understanding of new ventures as other segments may think they do. (Sort of the "I know all about this new test; therefore, everyone else must, too" mindset.) However, when this occurs it is generally corrected pretty rapidly, and I do feel everyone involved has the best of intentions - I don't think anyone is sitting on knowledge for power's sake, in other words.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being visionary, keep us in the loop!

Other Employee Reviews for Atherotech

"Employee"

Current Employee - Certified Phlebotomy Technician in Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Certified Phlebotomy Technician in Sandy Springs, GA

I have been working at Atherotech part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for treats there employees good. Very helpful when you need anything to complete job tasks or need help for any problems you might have.

Cons

Don't get enough hours to work and no benefits.

Advice to Management

Give employees more hours to keep good people and offer benefits of some kind would be real helpful.

2. "CSR"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Birmingham, AL
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Atherotech as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice place to work,The pay is higher than most entry level positions and flexible schedule.

Cons

Billing is cry confusing and their claims system is not the greatest.

Advice to Management

Organization is needed among payers.