Athleta - Managers are top notch! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Athleta

"Managers are top notch!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Reston, VA

I have been working at Athleta part-time

Pros

Great work environment of positive and fun people. Everyone loves Athleta clothing! Commonly hear from customer's "I need to get out of here. Everything is sooo cute. I want it all." Return policy - Return it at anytime for any reason. Can't beat that! The discount is very generous and applies to Athleta and other Gap stores. Customer service is top notch as well. Very friendly and catered to helping the customer. Management is very experienced and hard working. No slackers at all!

Cons

Athleta clothing is very expensive. Return policy for employees is return within 30 days and must have the tag attached. In other words you can't wear, wash and return unless it's defective in some way. Having a different schedule every week can be stressful when you have other commitments. Turnover is moderate. Have made a ton of friends but majority have left for other jobs, move, going back to school etc.

Advice to Management

Try a set schedule for your top notch loyal employees. Give the same Return policy to your employees. They work very hard to service the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Athleta

"The idea is great, the implementation is not there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Athleta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clothes, great discount
    Co-workers are supportive

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay
    Incompetent and rude managers
    3 General Managers since I have worked here
    No one from corporate cares about the store, only sales
    Fire women coming back from maternity leave
    The really great managers have left - the ones who sit around and play makeup in the office are still there

Advice to Management

Promote from within. The company spends thousands training new managers who have never worked for a gap brand, but refuses to train the people that have been in the building since day 1. Don't hire people on the "hire at minimum wage and work them to death" mentality. If you don't want Wal-Mart service, don't treat us and pay us lower than employees at Wal-Mart.

2. "Customer Consultant"

Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Athleta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gap, Inc. offers great benefits

Cons

Company generates profusions of poorly-worded email and online discount offers that have created a rude, demanding and entitled population of on-line shoppers.

Advice to Management

Cultivate open communication with and at least try to model respect for those who take your customers calls.