Atkinson-Baker - Underpaid, overworked and unappreciated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Atkinson-Baker

"Underpaid, overworked and unappreciated"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

free parking, great training, job security

Cons

low salary, incompetent lazy managers, high turnover

Advice to Management

learn to appreciate your employees more. maybe the turnover wont be as high

Other Employee Reviews for Atkinson-Baker

"shameless iniquity to subcontractors"

Former Contractor - Court Reporter
    Former Contractor - Court Reporter

I worked at Atkinson-Baker as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

No pros to be found here.

Cons

Court reporters - beware. My first-hand experience with this company has been a negative one. They actually pay reporters by the "minute" over the hour and the formula they have is NOT in favor of the reporter. For instance, the first quarter of an hour (.25 hours) is from 8 minutes to 22 minutes. So the reporter would be compensated for a quarter of an hour only. I wonder if the client is charged that way too?

I have a bill that has been outstanding for a year. I have repeatedly asked what's been done. Been told by the company that they are "looking into it." I understand there are deadbeat lawyers out there. So I've asked Atkinson Baker for particulars of what's been done and a copy of the billing to the client so I can take steps myself to go after this myself. Guess what? They refuse to provide me with any particulars, they are "looking into it." No other reason given. Well, I guess I'm supposed to just take their word for it and be pleased to be working for nothing.

My advice: stay away. There are many other companies out there who treat reporters with a lot more equality and respect.

2. "Employee review"

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The training is very good. I like the professional work environment and find that for the most part that my co-workers are very hard working. The company has a good reputation in its field and therefore gets a lot of work. My managers are all fair and professional. I like the area where the business is located- lots of restaurants and easy to get things done over lunch.

Cons

I have none at this time. Can't think of a working person that wouldn't love more vacation time!

Advice to Management

Keep your training - it is very good.