Atlanta Medical Center - The experience wasn't bad but management is horrible. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Atlanta Medical Center

"The experience wasn't bad but management is horrible."

Pros

I love the 12 hour shifts. I just wish the pay was better in the metro area with better sign-on bonuses.

Cons

Being understaffed and working current employers like dogs. More people need to be hired unless more people will leave. We've had positions posted for 2 years and still no one has been hired. Instead they try to save money by working us to death. How are you saving money if we have to work overtime?

Advice to Management

Get with it. If management isn't doing a good job there needs to be a cut. We would be cut with no problem or warning.

Other Employee Reviews for Atlanta Medical Center

1. "Housekeeper"

Former Freelancer - Housekeeper in Atlanta, GA
    Former Freelancer - Housekeeper in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people and enjoying

Cons

Not enough time to get all the work

2. "PCA"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Medical Center (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with your schedule especially of you are a student and there is always overtime and extra shifts available.

Cons

Lack of appreciation with the PCA's. RN's get all the glory as if they work along. Extremely frustrating especially when the staffing coordinator expects the PCA to work a unit with 18 patients to yourself and your nurses with 3 patients each are "sooooo" overwhelmed they can't help you turn a patient. Now that this place is manged by wellstar hopefully it has cleared a lot of these problems.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your PCA's. Nurses and Doctors aren't the only ones who keep the hospital running or the patients happy. While your at it, stop insulting hard working PCA's with these laughable raises every year. Over the course of the 3 years I was there, my raises totaled $.75 cent IN THREE YEARS AND THAT WAS THE MAX!