Atlas Air Worldwide - It can be a bit of a goat wrangle but, I have learned so much about the airline industry, myself and others. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Air Worldwide

"It can be a bit of a goat wrangle but, I have learned so much about the airline industry, myself and others."

Pros

When working for Atlas you already fly internationally straight out of the gates.

Cons

Disorganized. There are times after a long flight that are hotel and limo accommodations aren't made.

Advice to Management

Always keep an open door policy and be open to suggestions.

Other Employee Reviews for Atlas Air Worldwide

1. "Beautiful facility"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Supervisor in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Supervisor in Purchase, NY

I worked at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great cafeteria, facility is gorgeous.

Cons

Easy to get there if you own a car by public transportation it takes a long time.

Advice to Management

Lots of overtime

"Rewarding to very dissapointing"

Former Employee - Manager, Flight Dispatch in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Manager, Flight Dispatch in Purchase, NY

I worked at Atlas Air Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Having come to Atlas Air as as new assistant in 1998, I had grown into a top level management position throughout a 12 year span.

Cons

Despite years of "consistently exceeds" performance reviews - you will have no protection once the company has decided your salary is too much and thus you need to go. Sad but very true at this company. Upper Management is funny; though you feel you have reached a milestone in life, you have to watch out for the evil doers looking to stab you in the back...and there is plenty of that at this very top heavy management company.

Advice to Management

This is a company full of manipulators and distrust. Top management has no aviation experience, but the experience level with wall street is incredible as they (Top Management) makes their fortunes in the insider trading arena. Your employees do not trust your management of the company, yet at the same time your employees are aware you simply do not care about their opinions regardless. They just deal with it because there is no place left to go.