Atlas Copco - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Contractor - Support Engineer in Rock Hill, SC
Current Contractor - Support Engineer in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Atlas Copco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are hard-working and intelligent. The work is interesting and the company works hard to take care of the employees.

Cons

I have not yet experienced any cons in working for Atlas Copco. Even though Atlas Copco is a global company, they allow local management enough leeway to manage their people with care and respect.

Advice to Management

Keep doing well with interactions with employees and the end customer will continue to be well taken care of.

Other Employee Reviews for Atlas Copco

"Caring place to work but catching to many issue"

Current Employee - Welder in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Welder in Garland, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with your family needs!

Cons

No focus moving forward, safety is talked about but never followed

"Lots of Travel for Field Service Engineers"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Atlas Copco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Field Service Engineer, I was probably on travel over 70% of the time. Travelled to Portugal, Mexico, many US locations, and was slated to go to China and Russia before I resigned to pursue other opportunities.
    Pay was great, on top of travel expenses.

Cons

So much travel, some times you didn't have time to breathe before you're off to the next site.
    Company made the transition from JC Carter Pumps to Atlas Copco, so the company started to cut expenses.
    Travel policy remained unchanged for Field Service Representatives and it stated that all international travels, or travels greater that 6 hours, will be in Business or First Class.
    After 10 days in Portugal, working over 15 hours a day, the Company changed my ticket to Coach without notifying me (to save $300). Not a good way to say thank you for a job well done, by sticking your employee in cramped travel arrangements, especially when I would do a turnaround to China in a couple of days after returning.
    Before becoming a part of the Atlas Copco team, I normally travelled First Class on my own dime, so I paid the $1200 charge to get me back into First Class. Needless to say, I resigned the following day that I returned, to pursue other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Budget cuts are understandable, but don't sacrifice the morale by trying to save a few dollars on travel. In the grand scheme of millions of dollars, the difference is just a small piece of the pie.