Atmel - T | Glassdoor

"T"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Atmel full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

While still subject to the typical semi-conductor cycles, Atmel has fixed many of its structural problems (selling businesses, excess foundries, etc) to enable it to be quite profitable when in the up-cycles. It's through most of the "turn around" pain and now building for the future.

Cons

All semi-conductor companies seem to suffer severe business cycles and Atmel is no exception. High Tech is a demanding place to work (but always intellectually interesting).

The touch marketplace is currently mostly associated with phone handsets and is therefore extremely volatile.

Other Employee Reviews for Atmel

"Micromanagement at its worst ever!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Atmel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any really

Cons

Low cubicles, too much open space and need to find and reserve a conference room just to have a meeting or an impromptu meetings. Micromanagement from the CEO himself that often delayed recruiting processes and lost lots. Of great candidates that went on to work for our competitors. Our department had double digit attrition rate within 9 months - undesired departures. People just had enough. Executives act like big babies and whine! I've worked over 90-100 hours per week, sleep deprived, expected to be in the office, no working from home even though many of my colleagues are located overseas, unnecessary conference calls. Also an executive that is afraid to write memos to the entire company on communicating important things like socks, bonuses, policies, etc.

Advice to Management

The whole management team needs a brand new make over. Bring new leadership in and get out of your comfort zone! You want culture change? Start from the top! Not do as I say, but not as I do.

Atmel Response

Dec 2, 2013 – hr

Thanks for your feedback. We are in a very competetive market. Sometimes the workload does get quite intensive. Part of our core value is to win as a team with great passion. A very unique... More

2. "Great company with lots of growth protential"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atmel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Big corporation with different sites all over the world
    * Good benefits ( health insurance)
    * Smart people with brilliant ideas of creativity

Cons

Salary for admin is not quite satisfied