Atomic Object LLC - Join to Learn, Stay for the People | Glassdoor
  1. "Join to Learn, Stay for the People"

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at a consultancy like Atomic Object provides a lot of opportunity to learn: programming languages & tools, design practices, project process, and business domains. But where Atomic really excels is it's people. The company's values are truly reflected in its employees. Leadership is accessible, transparent, and attentive. Team members carry their weight and support each other. These are the people that I want on my team. There is ample opportunity for motivated individuals to identify an opportunity for change or improvement and then serve as a catalyst to promote that change.

Cons

Atomic isn't a magical, perfect wonderland full of flawless people, but neither is anywhere else. It's full of real people working hard and caring a lot about what they do, and owning up to their mistakes when they do happen. Some project assignments are less exciting than others, but none of the assignments are permanent. The company is growing in its ability to provide good support for teams and individual team members.

Advice to Management

Maintain your high valuation of Atomic's people. They make the company what it is today and will determine what it will be tomorrow.

Atomic Object LLC2016-09-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing group of people, and the work is cool too"

Current Employee - Software Developer & Consultant in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Atomic Object LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are hands-down the best part about working at Atomic. Everyone is just a grade-A thoughtful, interesting, caring human being. I'd happily dig ditches for minimum wage with these people- it's a bonus that I get to do really interesting, challenging work with them. There's lots of good stuff to say about AO, but the simplest way to say it is to direct you to our value mantras (can be found on our website). It's a really remarkable, unusual thing to be able to say that we /really do/ live them out every day- it's not a marketing campaign or corporate BS.

Cons

The nature of the job is that you don't get to have much say in what you work on. But, it's highly varied, and you're never doing something boring for long.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's awesome.

Atomic Object LLC2018-01-28

"Forward Thinking & Hard Working"

I worked at Atomic Object LLC full-time

Pros

- Surrounded by smart and creative people - Leadership is always striving to improve the company culture and grow the company effectively - Diverse # of projects and clients to work for - Generous profit sharing

Cons

- Like most ambitious and relatively small companies you can be pulled in too many directions at once - There isn't a trajectory for meaningful leadership within the company (aka strategic leadership) - It was still formalizing certain processes and experiencing growing pains while I was there

Atomic Object LLC2017-07-13

Discover more reviews about Atomic Object LLC.