Attorneys Online - Micromanagement, Old Office, and The Corporate office is in a Living Room. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Attorneys Online

"Micromanagement, Old Office, and The Corporate office is in a Living Room."

Former Employee - Web Designer/Graphic Artist
Former Employee - Web Designer/Graphic Artist

I worked at Attorneys Online full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a local business and small company. You won't get lost in an expansive swarm of entry level college grads from IVY league schools, so don't worry about being "big leagued". They are ALWAYS HIRING (check craigslist austin now) and if you need a 12/hr job, its for you!

The Model is to simply use a web template in wordpress, hire college grads to write articles, manage hired SEO people (also 12/hr) and PPC and then advertise themselves as a full service advertising agency to Attorneys. They run the business in the owners home living room located off Burnet and Koenig, and also have an office off Lamar.

Free Coffee! They offered up some free gym/yoga membership but I wasn't interested.

Cons

First of all, this is a woman owned family business and is deeply Nepotistic. If you are a man, do not work here.

Daily operations are handled by the owners niece, who lives on the other side of the country in Minnesota and controls everything via IM and phone calls every 10 minutes or so. She gave herself the title of 'Vice President of Business Development', and has absolutely NO Technology skills.

Sadly, some personal issues transcend into extreme micromanagement and condescension. Be prepared to engage an extreme contrarian. Accordingly, based on her Linkedin, this is her first job after going to a private college.

To my understanding, nobody has worked at this company longer than 2 years other than family members. Many of my co-workers were looking for other jobs while at the office.

Advice to Management

Value your key players and relinquish management to a true manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Attorneys Online

1. "Small Business/Friendly Environment"

I have been working at Attorneys Online full-time

Pros

The size of the company lends itself to great personal interactions with fellow employees.
    There are a lot of benefits like company parties, gym and yoga, etc...
    Staff looks out for each other and goes the extra mile to help out when the work is overwhelming.

Cons

There is perpetual building construction going on, but that's not on the business but rather the owner of the building.
    There are some pretty strict deadlines and expectations in this business. They don't bother me because I like the challenge and I've faced worse in my professional career. However, newer members to the workforce can find these things challenging, though I personally say they need to suck it up and learn to push through it because there are worse challenges you can have in a job.

Advice to Management

A little more delegation wouldn't hurt, as well as acquiring a bit more staff to fill in some holes. There's a lot of pressure on management positions, and this could help relieve it.

Attorneys Online Response

Aug 8, 2017 – ceo

Thank you. Your constructive advice is appreciated and we are working on it.

"No"

Former Employee - Writer
    Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Attorneys Online full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's in a run down strip mall, but it's above a Kolache shop so the whole place smells like kolaches all day. There's a lone lawyer who shares the office space and walks around barefoot that you might spot every now and then and that's kind of an amusing addition to the overall dystopian atmosphere

Cons

I'll put it this way: I haven't worked there in two years and I still have the occasional nightmare that I'm working there again.

Advice to Management

Stop being the way you are

Attorneys Online Response

Aug 8, 2017 – ceo

This is hard to respond to since it is 'anonymous'. The rundown strip mall now has a very upscale restaurant and an awestome business center across the parking lot with well-known restaurants and... More