Auction.com - Huge Opportunity To Create A Transactional On-Line Real Estate Marketplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Auction.com

"Huge Opportunity To Create A Transactional On-Line Real Estate Marketplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Auction.com offers its employees amazing work/life balance, competitive pay, great benefits, and a multitude of opportunities for self-development. Most recently, senior leadership placed a renewed focus on its employees and is working to redefine the culture of the organization (blending together the best that the real estate and technology worlds have to offer). For me personally, I work in a super high-functioning team, and am surrounded by smart, driven people, who are here to fundamentally change the way people transact real estate on-line. As a company, we work in one of the final on-line spaces that has not yet fully transitioned over to the web, and it is exciting to be at the forefront of that change.

Cons

It's not perfect, but what company is - trying to fundamentally change the way real estate is bought and sold on-line is not an overnight process and takes time. The company has gone through some challenging growing pains over the last 12 months, but those pains appear to be behind us now and we have clearer direction than ever before. This is an organization that embodies the definition of change, so individuals who are not nimble enough to adapt to change quickly, run the risk of becoming frustrated.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive momentum being gained through the hiring of highly skilled & talented people; continue the focus on the people which drive the culture of the company; continue to remain true to the importance being placed on the core aspects of the business - collectively we will get there!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Auction.com

"Do your homework and think twice before signing on the dotted line"

Former Employee - N/A in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in Belmont, CA

I worked at Auction.com full-time

Pros

Start up in real estate industry

Cons

Poor leadership. CEO President, and C-level don't have the organizational, operational, technical and leadership skills to lead a big business. Also, as others have mentioned, it's a revolving door of executives.

Cultural mess. Worst parts of entrepreneur, military and Silicon Valley thinking all mixed together. What you end up getting is a 'get rich at any cost, top down contradictory, don't question authority, limited thinking, entitled, arrogant, big ideas and buzzwords with no substance' culture.

Ethics. Just don't treat people right. Others have mentioned layoffs in reviews as if it were a shock. This has happened for years. It just shows how employees are viewed as disposable resources rather than talent. Check out Yelp or other sites for another opinion. I actually think less of Google because of their association.

"Any positive reviews on this site were mandated by HR to their highly-compensated employees."

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Auction.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food a lot of the time. Really nice people who wouldn't know a bad work environment if it slapped them in the face.

Cons

I began working here a few years ago before rating sites like Glassdoor were a thing---you had to rely on word-of-mouth, check out their profit earnings (if they were public) & really interview-your-interviewer to select a good company. I'm a classic example of one of those poor unfortunate souls that didn't have that luxury. You, yes you, the one reading this....run. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Advice to Management

None. They can't read at an 8th grade level, anyway.