Auctiva - Great place to work for Software Developers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Auctiva

"Great place to work for Software Developers"

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Chico, CA
Former Employee - Software Development Manager in Chico, CA

I worked at Auctiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work on the latest technology with other very skilled software developers. Very open to change and trying out new ideas. Able to recognize talent and advance quickly if you deserve it. Solid software development practices and departments. Very nice place to work. Very competitive salaries for Northern CA.

Cons

While I was there, the constant shuffling of teams and projects left something to be desired. Made it a bit hard for a manager to get a core group developers to work together cohesively.

Advice to Management

I'm sure management is different than while I was there - but I would say make sure to take care of your good team leads. Because they are the cornerstone of all the projects, and if they jump ship it's a huge hit to the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Auctiva

"Great job but not necessarily a great career"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chico, CA

I worked at Auctiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for junior engineers to jump in and contribute. Within a month of joining the company I was given a very large and important project. It felt really awesome to have that much trust straight out of the gate. It was a great way for me to build a foundation for the rest of my career.

Cons

Senior management isn't interested in employee's ideas. A co-worker of mine had a great idea to provide an innovative and delightful experience to our users. Our idea was shot down. A few months later a competitor implemented the idea and stole a lot of our customers.

Advice to Management

Listen to to your employees and practice deep customer empathy. You might learn something.

"Indecisive Management, Holding on to Old Ideas"

Former Employee - Developer in Chico, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in Chico, CA

I worked at Auctiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very experienced developers / programmers. A ton of knowledge exists in development.

Cons

You don't have any say in to projects and what's going on. Flagship products are pretty old. Ideas for new projects and properly flushed out before being executed.

Advice to Management

Give developers a bit more say in how things get done. Let proper innovation happen and actually develop a new, innovative product.