Aunt Millie's Bakeries - I love it! | Glassdoor

"I love it!"

Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a part-time grocery merchandiser for Aunt Millies and I absolutely love it! The hours are early which is great to me, they try and find a route that is close to your home, and the job itself is pretty easy(especially for $16/hr.)

Cons

No benefits or vacations currently.

Other Employee Reviews for Aunt Millie's Bakeries

"DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are ok, to say the least.

Cons

No insurance for part time employees.
    No gas reimbursement for merchandisers.
    No opportunity for full time work.
    No room for advancement.
    Store receiver complaints are not handled properly. I've been reporting complaints from the receivers about poor delivery service on my route to management for the past six months and nothing's changed.
    HR is impossible to get ahold of.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring a bunch of new part time merchandisers, try giving your current part timers full time work. Also, it would help if you terminate certain employees that are not performing up to standards and hence costing the company money.

Aunt Millie's Bakeries Response

Aug 12, 2016 – Senior Director of Marketing

I'm sorry to hear you had some negative experiences. I will pass along your comments to management. If you want to discuss further, please email me at Millie@AuntMillies.com

"A great position with a great company!"

Current Employee - Loader
    Current Employee - Loader

Pros

Wonderful Pay!!! Flexible start time. Good benefits for part-time. Work alone. Flexible pace. Management friendly and competent. Feeling of independence and accomplishment.

Cons

Not too many down sides. However, because as a branch loader, you work alone all night in the warehouse by yourself (at most branches), its sort of a safety hazard. If you are injured, no one will find you until the route drivers come in that morning. Another con is you have little access to HR regarding benefits, pay issues etc.. Your Branch Manager is your goto person. Since they are always busy, its difficult to get HR related info relayed to you.

Advice to Management

Branch Management does a great job! Maybe enforce I/O warehouse policies a little more to ensure that the I/O's aren't leaving the warehouse in shambles when they depart. Other than that, no cons!