Aureus Medical - Once a good company to do contract work for-Now, don't even waste time with them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aureus Medical

"Once a good company to do contract work for-Now, don't even waste time with them."

Former Contractor - Contract Employee-healthcare in Omaha, NE
Former Contractor - Contract Employee-healthcare in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the present time -none. Years ago, you would have the same recruiter/s working with you. And they followed through, placed you and kept in contact while you were on an assignment and paid as promised.
Within last 5 years there seems to be some type of revolving door, with totally incompetent people who will call you endlessly about a "hot" job, to only find out, it never existed in the first place. I believe they have some sort of quota of phone calls to meet weekly. The current people in place are incredibly clueless.

Cons

As mentioned above-many cons-recruiters call you with so called possible jobs-then when things should be getting in motion to follow through, they fail to call you back and by the time you do hear from them, that "job" was already filled. Utter waste of time.

Advice to Management

We realize things are changing in the healthcare industry-but do your best to retain knowledgable and curteous recruiters. The current crew you have now are horrible. Don't waste peoples' time by advertising non-existent positions-this just happened again this week- position listed on Indeed.com and was emailed from the company itself, yet the female recruiter could not find listing anywhere in her system. Pathetic.

Other Employee Reviews for Aureus Medical

1. "Good Job and a great place to learn if you are willing to work at a tedious pace."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great commissions
    - Organized training process
    - Good overall communication from top to bottom
    - Rewarding job duties
    - Great learning opportunities such as payroll and employee management
    - Team, department and Division performance are a part of the variable compensation structure (50%)

Cons

- Rigid and lengthy work hours
    - Expensive and basic benefits
    - Outdated and old school corporate dress policy
    - Division Managers are figure heads and do very little actual "work". The soldiers run the units, not the Generals if you catch my drift.
    - Cold, Cold Calling. Smile and Dial.
    - Uncomfortable work stations (cubicles w/ high walls)
    - Unlevel playing fields. Tenured employees are given territory.ry preference and retain old clients outside of their territories, regardless of recent buying activity.

Advice to Management

Don't be so loyal to employees just because of their tenure. Get rid of your outdated dress code. Retain good employees, not just loyal ones. Relax a little bit. Fear is not a way to motivate.

"Long hours and Micro-managed - Sea of cubes with worker bees with their heads down."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The outside of their office is nice to look at. That is about it.

Cons

The managers seem to only want to suck the life out of each person. My particular manager could not care less about his team members. He tried to act like he did, but he displayed many examples of not caring about a person's life outside of work. The work/life balance is not ideal. They say that you need to work more than 10 hours per day in order to come close to the ideal $80K+ salary which takes more than 3 years to achieve. The amount of paperwork, outbound calls and upkeep that you have to keep on your desk is stressful to most that work there...unless they do not care to be at work for more than 10 hours a day. Skipping lunch is encouraged. They watch your time...I was asked what I was doing for 10 minutes because I was not "pounding out the calls". I was actually in the bathroom.