Aurora Inn - Working at the Aurora Inn was difficult, fun, and incredibly lucrative. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aurora Inn

"Working at the Aurora Inn was difficult, fun, and incredibly lucrative."

Former Employee - Server in Aurora, NY
Former Employee - Server in Aurora, NY

Pros

The food is outstanding, and if you are able to provide good table service, customers are always pleased. Management is highly knowledgeable and very supportive of their staff. The chefs are much more relaxed and communicative than at some other restaurants. The location is simply gorgeous, and servers are often able to work weddings and other special events. The pay rate is normal for a server job ($4.65 when I left), but the tips more than make up for that, and my weekly paycheck was usually close to $600.

Cons

It is difficult to get time off during the summer (high) season. Management is not particularly picky about hiring people with lots of experience, and it can be very stressful working in a fine-dining environment with people who have no idea what they are doing. The restaurant is part of a hotel, and the customers often expect to be waited on hand and foot--inside and outside the restaurant. The hours can be extremely long; I often worked a triple (opening at 6:30 am, working through lunch which ends at 2:00, then coming back for the dinner shift 4:00-11:00).

Other Employee Reviews for Aurora Inn

1. "Great Company to work for"

I worked at Aurora Inn full-time

Pros

The Inns has a great team and a really great leader in Sue Edinger.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons