Aurum Bankcard - Great place to learn Merchant Banking, Owner is a Genius! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aurum Bankcard

"Great place to learn Merchant Banking, Owner is a Genius!"

Former Employee - Account Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Account Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

Aurum Bankcard is a very fast paced environment. Sales reps make a great salary if they can make it through a very intense training program. The VP of Sales will teach you the industry, but if you can’t close a deal in the first three weeks, you will be asked to be an independent representative. In other words, they will not spend marketing dollars on sales reps that cannot close a deal.

Cons

The company weighs compensation on performance too heavily. Only the super stars make 6 figure salaries. Even our telemarketers make upwards of $15 per hour which is better than some of the sales reps who are not closing deals. Aurum also believes in re-training and re-training and re-training, did I mention re-training. When sales reps can’t close a deal after 15 attempts, the company forces you to get re-trained.

Advice to Management

If I were in Management, I would lower the pay of the top performers and give a little of that compensation to lower performers. Some of the lower performers have families too and just because they can’t close deals doesn’t mean they should get paid any less. Also, the owner should not drive up in his Ferrari or Bentley, it makes everyone mad that he can spend that much money on his self while he will only pay 75% of our health benefits. Most companies like IBM, or Dell or Bank of America pay 100% of their employees benefits. Take a lesson from those CEO’s Mr. Cargal, you never see them wasting company money on luxury cars.

Other Employee Reviews for Aurum Bankcard

1. "What's it like to work at an innovative credit card processor?"

Current Employee - Withheld in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Withheld in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Startup company trying very hard to get their package/market right. Atmosphere is congenial and fair, but they are definitely lower on the compensation scale. I expect this to change as the company grows

Cons

Negative events (cash flow problems) are held closely even if they strongly affect the employees.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees who say they want different / broader responsibilities. Don't make us look elsewhere.