Ausenco - Great employees... but a sinking ship. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ausenco

"Great employees... but a sinking ship."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Ausenco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great compensation
- Have had exciting projects
- Good mix of motivated employees.
- 9 day fortnight flexible work system.

Have worked on a few great projects since joining Ausenco, and I was quite happy with the compensation offered on joining, and the incremental raises since.

Cons

- Clear division between each business group in same office
- Too many mid-level managers
- Managers with no technical advice/input, that are in a technical role.

Ausenco could be a great company, but they haven't won any new work (of a notable size) in the last 2 years. There are too many mid-level managers from when Ausenco took over Sandwell, and most of the them are redundant. There are managers in technical roles who provide absolutely no techanical input/mentorship.

Advice to Management

Streamline the office in terms of management strategy. Take a good hard look at the managers in their current roles and decide if they are suitable.

Other Employee Reviews for Ausenco

"Incredibly Unethical and Dishonest Middle Management"

I worked at Ausenco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the time of writing this review - this company pays significantly higher than the market. This however...is only their strategy to get you there, along with the false promise of a career with more opportunity and responsibility.
    Other than higher salary - there are no other pro's

Cons

HR and senior management put forward exciting career and life changing promises to get people into the role and for personal career development in salary review time later on. However senior management never actually deliver on these promises! Telling staff many blatant lies to keep them for a time until your no longer useful.... after which they look to make you redundant.

The firm plans in advance to churn (hire and make redundant) employees, and fills your role with a “new upgraded or slightly modified version of you” whilst you are still in your role. After making you redundant, they have effectively completed the switch with you and your clone.

You can expect zero sincerity or honesty from senior management on the day they hand you the redundancy or in some cases threaten you with a looming redundancy, keep you there doing absolutely no work for months on end in a silent unsupported environment, in the hope you will leave and they don’t have to pay severance. Annual career development plans are not worth the paper they are written on, as they are full of empty and false promises to develop staff. There is zero dollars in the training budget, so all training is just on the job training... if your lucky.

Management cleverly gives the illusion under the scrutiny of external audit and to higher management - that its follows correct process, ethical behavior, standards and best practice.

Advice to Management

Senior Management will not listen to advice as they are controlled 100% by the folks on level 5 and do not act independently.

"Dumbfounded"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Ausenco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The building and the company logo. I can't think of much else to be completely honest however I did meet some nice people during my time there.

Cons

There is no support from any level of management. The HR and Payroll departments are incompetent and I had to fight to be paid correctly as per my contract.

Advice to Management

Get in touch with your teams and start supporting them. My example being that during the one year, I only spoke to my alleged manager once and that was at my employment interview...