Austin Focus - Don't Bother with this 100% commission Job!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Austin Focus

"Don't Bother with this 100% commission Job!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire anyone, mostly on the spot after their 2 part interview process.

Cons

This company is a sales company that pays 100% commission but promises you a FAKE hourly guarantee. I worked at Austin Focus and Infinity One Marketing for several months. (The are the same company.) They change their name every few months to get new recruits. We started out selling Speakers in Sam's Club and then switched to Whip it. These are not Fortune 500 companies.If you like pushing products on people trying to buy groceries then this is the job for you. Don't believe the story of all the Managers and Business owners they create. The last manager quit because they were expecting her to work 90 hours a week. My last complaint is they expect you to drive to Waco and San Antonio every week. I ate up my whole $350 check in gas!!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with your applicants about the pay and the "Benefits"

Other Employee Reviews for Austin Focus

"Hard Work = Great Results"

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with this company fresh after graduating college with pretty minimal real world experience. The entire mindset of the company is to teach and train each person how to run and build a business from the entry level up to executive management. I learned everything from basic marketing and sales strategies and training techniques to things like recruiting and managing/overseeing an entire team of people. The skills I learned were more than just marketing based but also how to be a more business savvy person. Everyday I was challenged to better my skill set. There is a ton of room for growth and increased responsibility as long as you are willing to put in the time and effort to get to where you want to be.

The company culture is extremely positive and fun. It was a very open door/transparent management style so any and every question I had was always answered immediately and honestly. It was obvious from the beginning that they cared a lot about what I wanted to learn and get out of the position.

Cons

Based on the fact that it is an accelerated management training program it is not a 9-5 with all weekends off. If someone wants to succeed with this opportunity they need a strong work ethic. If you are not a self motivated person, afraid of hard work and do not like a lot of responsibility then this company is probably not going to be the right fit for you.

"Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really did love working here. It is an awesome opportunity! Within 9-12 months you can be running your own marketing company. It is a management training program that teaches you from the ground event level all the way up to executive management level. Not only did I learn skill sets that pertained to marketing. I also learned all kinds of skills for business in general.
    Its also a very positive environment. Everyone who works there always comes in a very good mood and willing to do whatever it takes to get you to reach your both professional and personal goals. I not only consider the people I worked with as former co-workers I consider them personal friends.

I also got to travel to Phoenix for 2 weeks to learn from the one of the best of the best in the business. (that trip was completely paid for by the owner Kati).
    The owner and everyone invest a lot of time and money their employees. And it shows.

I personally had to leave because realized that my personal and professional goals could not simultaneously be reached while going through this program. But I highly recommend the program for anyone who can put in the time and work.

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a really a con but it is a lot of time and work. They cram 5 years of management training into 9 months. So if someone does not have a strong drive or good work ethic it might not be the right opportunity for them.