Author Solutions - So very sad, this company is being run into the ground! | Glassdoor

"So very sad, this company is being run into the ground!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Author Solutions

Pros

So far I've gotten a paycheck on schedule. That's about the only good thing left. We used to have good benefits, but have recently been purchased, and it appears the new owners are trying to get all production employees to leave.

Cons

unannounced mass lay off, no consideration of the number of years you have faithfully worked for this company or your actual job performance. They let 10+ year employees go, while keeping people that have been here less than 6 months, makes me think they wanted to keep the cheaper folks. I could understand lay offs if we were not making money, but they are moving production jobs to the Philippines to boost their profits...

Advice to Management

If you don't really want us to leave, you certainly have an odd way of showing it. Get a real Human Resources department. Human Resources, that means you are there to help the humans in some way, you know - answer questions, assist us with benefits, etc. Read a business book, it has been well documented that a work force that feels valued produces better for a company. Clean the parking lot and front entrance.

Author Solutions2016-08-04
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Book Consultant in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Author Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

So many good things about working for ASI. If you stay focused and put in the effort, you can make great money here.

Cons

Communication between departments could be greatly improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun additions to the sales floor. Employees are enjoying it!

Author Solutions2019-04-09
  2. "Great People, Great Product"

I have been working at Author Solutions full-time

Pros

Great commission structure, great working environment, great people, great sales management

Cons

Negative customer reviews that often cost sales reps business

Author Solutions2019-04-06

Discover more reviews about Author Solutions.