Author Solutions - Don't work here or do business with us. | Glassdoor

"Don't work here or do business with us."

I worked at Author Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It opened my eyes to how business is done. You need to look out for your interests first and the company's a distant second. Loyalty no longer exists.

Cons

It's a disaster. Complete disaster. The new owner is stripping it down, shipping the work overseas. I can't see any reason to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

They don't give a damn what employees have to say. You're there to get a paycheck and get out before they let you go.

Author Solutions2016-10-31
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Book Consultant in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Author Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

So many good things about working for ASI. If you stay focused and put in the effort, you can make great money here.

Cons

Communication between departments could be greatly improved.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun additions to the sales floor. Employees are enjoying it!

Author Solutions2019-04-09

"Morally ambiguous at best, entirely dishonest at worst"

Former Employee - Book Consultant in Bloomington, IN

I worked at Author Solutions full-time

Pros

They hire fresh out of college with liveable wages and the dress code was lax. Decent training to start. The people were nice and there was fresh fruit in the break room every morning. They bribe you with many prizes for hitting goals to attempt avoiding turnover. Great annual party right after Christmas at the Bloomington Convention Center.

Cons

Terrible work to life balance. Forced overtime. They say the company's mission is to help authors accomplish goals but then train you to establish higher than ridiculous goals to spend more money, hiding the greed behind a "help them capture their dreams" approach. My general strategy was to sell lower quantities to more authors so realistically I'd have an ongoing pipeline but team leads would sell astronomical quantities...

Advice to Management

Train on honesty and transparency. Offer competitive pay for all departments, not just those that bring in the highest margin deals.

Author Solutions2019-05-12

Discover more reviews about Author Solutions.