Autism Speaks - Better. | Glassdoor

"Better."

I have been working at Autism Speaks

Pros

A lot of changes and potential with a new level of focus, heading in a proactive direction. Much time will be spent leveling out, getting organized and making needed investments in infrastructure and raising standards. High hopes to see the org on a list of competitive places to work thereafter. The mission is meaningful to millions.

Cons

Being flexible to changing priorities is a must at most non-profit foundations. But right now at this org it's the only way to exist. Change, even for the better, is not easy and can be difficult for some to negotiate. A culture of excuses is a hard habit to break after so long. Focus on accountability at all levels and challenge employees to raise standards.

Advice to Management

Look at current state of the org from the perspective of employees at all levels, especially while beginning to shift to a culture of accountability. Invest in employees that demonstrate they want to see the org succeed.

Autism Speaks2016-05-10

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Autism Speaks for less than a year

Pros

the people, the cause, the hours

Cons

the pay for interns its only 400$

Autism Speaks2018-11-27
  2. "Not too bad, not too good"

Former Employee - Events Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Autism Speaks for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers and management could be friendly at times I got some experience in the field I want to go into

Cons

My supervisor was out of the office for most of my three month internship I was given three tasks over the course of three months I could not leave my desk for the entire day, the office was unbearably cold. I was sick all the time. I worked almost 300 hours and I made $400 off a stipend. This is an issue with most internships taking advantage of college students, but this was by far my most unfair wage.

Advice to Management

Have weekly meetings with your interns Make sure all of the interns are given the same amount of work and CREDIT Treat your interns better! Give them PAY not a stipend or a credit!

Autism Speaks2019-07-11

Discover more reviews about Autism Speaks.