Autism Speaks - Horrible management. They don't know what grassroots is in this org. Mr and Mrs wright would be very disappointed | Glassdoor

"Horrible management. They don't know what grassroots is in this org. Mr and Mrs wright would be very disappointed"

Former Employee - Director in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Autism Speaks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nothing. They walk all over their staff. Hard work does not pay off. Management takes credit and doesn't give it

Cons

Everything everything. Hiring Corp people for a grassroots....it's sad to see a good org go down the drain by Corp min people

Autism Speaks2016-02-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Autism Speaks for less than a year

Pros

the people, the cause, the hours

Cons

the pay for interns its only 400$

Autism Speaks2018-11-27
  2. "Not too bad, not too good"

Former Employee - Events Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Autism Speaks for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers and management could be friendly at times I got some experience in the field I want to go into

Cons

My supervisor was out of the office for most of my three month internship I was given three tasks over the course of three months I could not leave my desk for the entire day, the office was unbearably cold. I was sick all the time. I worked almost 300 hours and I made $400 off a stipend. This is an issue with most internships taking advantage of college students, but this was by far my most unfair wage.

Advice to Management

Have weekly meetings with your interns Make sure all of the interns are given the same amount of work and CREDIT Treat your interns better! Give them PAY not a stipend or a credit!

Autism Speaks2019-07-11

Discover more reviews about Autism Speaks.