Auto Club of Southern California - If you have a choice, don't make it this place. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

"If you have a choice, don't make it this place."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of my day is getting to go home when I've put in my 8 hours. Most people leave me alone.

There's usually an annual bonus, but there are limitations on who's eligible. It's nice to have that little something though, but 80 is the new 100.

Cons

That 8 hours? They'll hold you to it. Don't try to take a break unless you plan to make it up on the back end.

The whole place is powered by a massive cult of personality. The executives have a sycophantic reverence to the former CEO, who still resides as the Board Chairman.

On any given day, you more or less have the autonomy to do as you're told.

There is a massive vacuum of leadership because most of the managers have been beaten into submission or were hired because they would tow the line. Don't expect much support.

Do your job and you'll likely get 80% of your bonus for doing 100% of your work.

Advice to Management

Grow a spine. Stand up for your people. Treat us fairly. Enough with the busy work already!

Other Employee Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

"Only work here if you've gotten a lobotomy"

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's really hard to get fired, as represented by the high volume of incompetent people that work here.

Cons

Outdated technology
    Upper management is clueless
    Treats employees horribly
    For bonuses if you get "achieves" on your goals the max you get is 80%
    No real training, or room for growth

Advice to Management

Quit.

"It gets old and boring after a while."

Current Employee - Accounting in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

The company is very stable. You won't get fired unless you really mess up. The company is big and there are a lot of young, good looking women. Some of them dress inappropriately to work which doesn't bother me, but it doesn't look very professional.

Cons

There is very little opportunity for growth and the pay is low. Their technology systems are very old and archaic. They can also monitor you when you exit and reenter the building. A lot of employees do very little because there is not a lot of work to do.

Advice to Management

Sponsor some activities like co-ed softball, basketball or bowling after work hours to boost employee morale. The company doesn't want to do anything because it doesn't want to be sued. My suggestion is to have each participant sign a waiver of liability form.