AutoNation - the worst work experience in the automotive trade | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"the worst work experience in the automotive trade"

Former Employee - Mercedes-benz Sales Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL
Former Employee - Mercedes-benz Sales Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL

Pros

the benefits are above average

Cons

when all else fails, chop the sales force pay to compensate the upper management.

Advice to Management

get to the bottom of why the top sales specialists are a breed of professional people now gone from the front line!

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"It open my eyes about the sales process for buying a vehicle,new or pre-owned."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

I love the sales process they have for customers to buy a new or pre-owned vehicles,is very different than a traditional dealership or internet department. I was impress by the relax environment and willingness to help you succeed at your job.The pay structure is decent and always have incentives going to motivate you.They make you feel welcome to your new job and sincerely make feel at home. And they always have some potluck at work or get together outside the job site.

Cons

The training is very long., 3 weeks and can not go on the floor live until you complete the training.
    You also have to work every other weekend.

Advice to Management

Make the training shorter.

"Terrible"

Current Employee - Lot Porter in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Lot Porter in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Working at AutoNation allows you to interact with customers and coworkers of various backgrounds. You also get to wash and clean your own cars for free.

Cons

Everyone is constantly mistreated. Management tends to be very greedy, especially with the people who are out to earn a commission. You can be rest assured that if you work in an hourly position, the people who are earning commission will make you work very hard so that they can earn a bigger paycheck, at your expense. Also, although sales guys may get mistreated once in a while, they are treated like Gods. Management will walk stomp all over you in order to make them happy. They earn the company a lot of first time buyers, and A LOT of money.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We voice our concerns for a reason. Do not try to overwork us for low pay and put us all under very stressful conditions, just so you can look good to the higher-ups in corporate. Also, don't leave us understaffed for several months and complain about why performance level has dropped from previously. We get tired! We are not machines! We are human!