AutoNation - Worst compnay I ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"Worst compnay I ever worked for"

Former Employee - F&I Payables in Irving, TX
Former Employee - F&I Payables in Irving, TX

Pros

my supervisor was very accomodating, because I knew what I was doing and he knew I would watch out for him
when first hired, everyone seemed happy and helpful

Cons

I would have to say everything! Pay is below average wages. Benefits are extremely expensive and in combination with the low pay, I couldn't afford benefits. This company is NOT employee oriented at all. They are only concerned with the bottom line. You are expected to work constantly, non-stop!
NO down time at all. Would advise anyone who is considering employment at the Shared Service Center, DONT! Turn and run away as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

Be realistic when asking your teams to perform certain duties without sitting down with them and seeing what steps are involved. Have more sympathy for your employees rather than just the bottom line. AND PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES A DESCENT SALARY. Then you wouldn't have the tremendous turnover you have!

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"There is "Us" and the rest of AN Staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Location in downtown Fort Lauderdale
    Half day off day before a holiday

Cons

Top management flies around in corporate jets and stay at over priced hotels while everyone else is cost-cut to extreme. Middle managers have to fight over a $5 variance in hotel bills.
    Hourly people have to clock in and out. This is a corporation, not a factory.
    Salaries are uneven. You can work hard and get the same lousy 1 to 3% raise or no raise at all every year.

Advice to Management

Get out of your bubble and try to work within the confines you expect the rest of us to work. Share the wealth a little more.

"the worst work experience in the automotive trade"

Former Employee - Mercedes-benz Sales Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Mercedes-benz Sales Specialist in Pompano Beach, FL

Pros

the benefits are above average

Cons

when all else fails, chop the sales force pay to compensate the upper management.

Advice to Management

get to the bottom of why the top sales specialists are a breed of professional people now gone from the front line!