AutoNation - It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!""

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Truly the leader in automotive retail. Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone are inspirational leaders who clearly have a vision for the company based on creating an exceptional customer experience. I am very exciting about the national launch of the AutoNation brand - it is our chance to really show customers the value of doing business with us.

Cons

I would like to see innovative technology faster...tablets....

Advice to Management

Keep focused on creating an exceptional customer experience... our customers don't expect it, so it's a big win!

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"It's not what you know as much as it is WHO you know."

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Progressive, economies of scale, training resources for almost all positions within store.

Cons

Human Resources horrible (at least in Texas). Market management more interested in coasting then developing. Direct lies to store executive management as well as misrepresentation to Regional and Corporate management on stores’ personnel. Keep your head on a swivel if you join this group.

Advice to Management

The company install tools/software/reports in each store to assist various levels of store management to make decisions based on facts rather then emotions (short of the Maroone speech of "...each store (GM) should posses entrepreneurial spirit to lead...). The market, region and corporate office themselves should review those same tools prior to making decisions on store movement and or removal.

2. "Not what I expected"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Pay is all over the place. Can make good money one month than nothing next month.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to get Sales a base pay and bonus structure and that will reduce turn over and make for happier employees.