AutoNation - SUPER Happy to work here! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"SUPER Happy to work here!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL
Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a GREAT company to work for. They invest in their associates, training and developing then is a key priority. Advancement opportunities are endless and the fact that the company is spread out throughout the Unites States is wonderful. I LOVE my job!

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative so far.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

1. "Room for growth"

Current Employee - Management in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have been with AutoNation for several years and have been promoted a couple of times. I have seen coworkers who started around the same time also move up the ladder. The opportunity is there for those who want it. Senior management is professional.

Cons

Have not found any myself. Understand that some associates have issues with pay plan changes, but most seem to be okay with their pay.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to associates

2. "Truth is in the employees"

Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL
    Current Employee - Fixed Operations in South Florida, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is not much. I like all the people I work with and helping my customers solve their problems. I also love the challenge that comes everyday from different situations

Cons

They only listen to corporate managers. There is no input from local managers at the dealerships. Most of the corporate managers have no "real world" experience. They only look at ballance sheets. There is no incentive to work harder. If you do they will change your pay plan to something lower because you make too much for your pay grade. There is no longevity bonus as advertised. I've worked there since the inception of the company and have never received one.

Advice to Management

Need to listen and act on advice from managers at stores. It seems that you only listen to senior managers at corporate headquarters only. What about the longevity bonus? Listen to the rank and file of the company. Most of your employees are not happy. If your employees are unhappy you will not have satisfied customers. Be flexible on policies that do not work for every store.